My earlier post was about a raw mango pickle. The story behind is I just tried it with the left over raw mango which I brought for some other chutney. It came out really good I made a post for this to share with you people. I am sure a lot more experienced and brilliant cook are present out there but I just thought of sharing my part.
So, I bought two raw mangoes; one for the pickle and the other one for the sweet chuntey. The chutney is easily available in market and also you might get your kind of taste too. The problem is the sweet ingredient is sugar and I don't like that. I love the jaggery, jaggery powder but not refined sugar; that makes me sick.
So I wanted to try this sweet chuntey with jaggery powder to give it a healthier touch. There were two doubts in my mind:
- The colour might not become too dark and if it will not look good then your mind won't want to eat it.
- It might crystallise and become hard so it won't be soft and won't taste good.
- Raw mango (grated) (kachcha aam): 1
- Red chilli powder( lal mirch powder): 1 tablespoon
- Cooking fennel seeds (mota saunf): 1 teaspoon
- Small fennel seeds (chota saunf): 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt: to taste
- Jaggery powder (gurr ka powder): 1/2 of the grated raw mango
- Do not do this on high flame and Do not let it boil. This will crystallise the mixture and it will become hard after cooling. So keep the flame low-medium through the whole process.
- The pan should be medium hot not too hot. This is a slow process.
- If you keep the mixture overnight that might lessen up your time of cooking.
DO share your ideas and experiments with food you do in your kitchen.
Try my other recipes of potato chutney and mango pickle . You will love them.
You can follow me on my facebook page and my instagram for daily updates.
Stay happy .. stay healthy... keep experimenting !!